Little Brothers: Present in Laval since 2012
In Laval, we are able to observe that the isolation of seniors is much more present than we could imagine. Some of them have lost contact with the community and it is very easy to no longer see them. One of our great challenges is certainly to make them feel at home in the community.
It is by working together with others in the community that we can identify isolated seniors, recreate a caring community around them, and ensure a continuum of care and services.
We promote grassroots mobilization and the matching of seniors with volunteers living in their neighbourhood.
On a daily basis, Little Brothers Laval can thus mark their presence and their ability to touch the hearts of our Great Friends.
seniors accompanied annually
volunteers who give their time throughout the year
Within the Community
Since it is collectively that we can respond to the needs and well-being of seniors, it is essential to work closely with collaborators and partners to extend the reach of our action.
Key Collaborators and Local Partners
- The Association pour aînés résidant à Laval (APARL);
- The Centre Axion 50 plus;
- The Laval Volunteer Centre;
- Club d’âge d’or de l’Oasis de Laval;
- Club des aînés du Manoir des îles;
- Comité d’animation du troisième âge de Laval (CATAL);
- Municipal Councillors of the City of Laval;
- Federal Members of Parliament;
- Provincial Members of Parliament;
- Arc-en-ciel Elementary School in Laval;
- L’Académie Théâtrale L’Envol de Laval;
- La Coopérative de soutien à domicile de Laval;
- Le Rendez-Vous des Aînés de Laval;
- Laval Police Department;
- Table régionale de concertation des aînés de Laval;
- City of Laval.